What information does CBI collect from me?
During registration we ask for your name, company name, address, zip/postal code, email address, phone, fax, title, company type and work interest profile. In addition to the information we obtain at registration, we may ask you for information at other times, such as when you make a purchase or register for a service on CBI, when you submit a listing for a Web site, or when you report a problem with one of our sites or services. If you contact CBI we may keep a record of that correspondence. CBI also may occasionally ask you to provide information to participate in certain voluntary promotions, surveys, or contests (see the section regarding this below). Finally, CBI collects general information about its Members, which does not necessarily identify the Member, using our server log files and some of the methods described under "cookies" below.
- When you register, we ask for your name, email address, and other profile information. We also request additional detail information for (but not limited to) when you decide to respond to a Bid Request in order to help the Buyer make a better decision about choosing the right Supplier/Vendor.
- In the course of using our site, we automatically track certain information including your IP address, what browser you are using and the URL you just came from.
- If you engage into any monetary transaction(s) at Construction Bidboard, we require that you complete billing information; therefore, we collect additional information including your billing address, credit card number, name on credit card, and credit card expiration date.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the site, we may collect such information in a specific file for you.
What about CBI's partner services or linked sites?
Why does CBI gather this information?
CBI's primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our site. This includes personalization services, interactive communications, online commerce, and many other types of services, most of which are completely free to you. By knowing a little about you, CBI is able to deliver better service and more relevant content to our individual users.
How does CBI use my information?
CBI uses your information to enable you to take advantage of the features available through the CBI site. Once you register, you are no longer anonymous to CBI: you are given a CBI ID and are able to take full advantage of CBI’s many offerings. Additional information you volunteer enables us to better customize your experience. We may also use your contact information to reach you regarding important issues about the use of our service.
We use other information we collect to get a better understanding of our Member base. The more insight we have into you - the people who use CBI on a daily basis - the better we can serve you. Therefore, we analyze our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us through our Web site. Our research and analysis is done on an aggregate basis, and is not intended to identify individual Members.
- We may use profile information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze site usage, and improve our site's content, offering, and layout.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- We use your email address, and in some situations your mailing address, phone or fax number, to contact you when necessary. (A customer service representative may follow up with a call after a Bid Request or Response to a Bid Request to ensure you are satisfied with the service.)
- We provide users with information necessary to facilitate the submission of Bid Requests and Bid Responses between buyers and suppliers. This information is specifically described to you before you submit the data. In other words, as part of our core services, we provide information you submit on Bid Request forms and Bid Response forms to other users of our Web site. Contact information of buyers who choose to be contacted at time of Bid Request submission is only released to suppliers. Such contact information can include, at the option of the buyer, the contact name, company name, street address, email address, phone and fax number.
- In the absence of a special relationship, we do not pass on your profile information to any third party without your express permission.
- We may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Construction Bidboard's rights or property, other Construction Bidboard's users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
With whom, and how, does CBI share my information?
- Our Business Partners/Advertisers
If you choose to receive information from our partners, CBI (or agents working on behalf of CBI and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these direct mailings. CBI will not provide your information to our partners unless it is necessary to complete a purchase of a partner or co-branded product/service on CBI that you have ordered. This may be necessary so that they may process your orders and ship, supply, maintain, or service the goods or services that you requested. If you register directly with another company reached through the CBI site, then that company will have control over the information you provide.
- From time to time, we share aggregated data regarding the Members and users of our services (for example, information such as the percentage of our users that are architects, or that Members who choose one type of service request a related service a certain percentage of the time). Some of this data may include the data obtained as described in the "cookies" section, but no personally identifiable information is included in these types of statistics.
- Other Members of CBI’s Suite of Services
When you register as a member you are placing yourself into an interactive database of construction participants where other members can search for you and communicate with you in a secure environment. We do not publish or otherwise expose your email address to recipients of communications originating from CBI. All initial communications from one party to another on the CBI site come through CBI and show only your name and organization name.
- Special Cases
What are my choices regarding the use of my information?
We do not intend to directly sell any personal information we collect on our Site to third parties, however, we may share Your personal identifiable information with our business partners to fulfill your orders of services and products offered on and through our Site or otherwise provide information that we believe you may find helpful.
When you register with CBI you can choose whether or not you want to receive information from us or from our partners. If you do not want to receive this information, be sure to indicate that on your CBITM registration form. You also have choices about whether you want to receive this information when you visit and provide information to other sites, including sites accessible through CBI
When I registered I opted to get mailings and offers sent to me. Now I've changed my mind and don't want to get them anymore. What do I do? It's simple! At any time, you can edit your CBITM profile to no longer receive such offers and mailings. Just go to our Update Member Profile page and change your profile.
Can I cancel my CBI account?
Non-paying members may cancel at anytime. Paying members must give (30) days notice prior to the end-date of subscription to cancel. Once you do so, however, you won't be able to access any Members-only area of CBI. To delete your account, please contact support@CBI.com, and be sure to include your CBI Username. We will provide complete instructions on deleting or deactivating your CBI account.
Member subscriptions automatically renew for a successive twelve (12) month Term unless canceled in writing by Customer at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of Term renewal date. Renewal prices are subject to change. Renewal of services by Customer indicates agreement to any Contract revisions and price changes. Renewal fees for the following Term will be automatically invoiced to Customer’s account.
What kinds of security precautions are in place to protect my information from hackers or prying eyes?
Your CBI Profile is password protected so that you, and only you, have access. However, it may on occasion be necessary for CBI employees or contractors working on behalf of CBI to have access to your profile to provide you with support or to perform certain maintenance tasks. This access happens on an as-needed basis only.
Never divulge your password to anyone. Also remember to sign out of your CBI account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to prevent others from accessing your personal information if you share a computer with someone else or use a workstation in a public place.
We use advanced security technology to ensure that your personal data remains private within our site. Please read CBI’s Security Statement to get the details. While no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, CBI strives to protect your personal information, but cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. When You place orders through our Site, You will transmit Your order information, including Your account or credit card number, to our secure server. Our secure server uses Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL) which allows us to receive information that Your Web browser encrypts and transmits to us. SSL encryption technology helps to prevent the unauthorized viewing and downloading of Your order information.
Construction Bidboard operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
When you transmit credit card information to complete a purchase or verify data, we always transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We use the industry standard 128-bit SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
In addition to our encryption standards, your account information is password-protected so that you are the only person with access to this personal information. Please do not disclose your password to anyone. Always remember to sign out of your Construction Bidboard account and close your browser window when your transactions are complete. This helps keep your account safe.
While we strive to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, Construction Bidboard cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information during transmission to or from our site, and you submit information to us at your own risk. However, we do our best to ensure the highest level of security on our systems.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online--for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas--that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and your profile. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.